This drill is focused on the technical & tactical dribbling development, where we are going to work on different types of dribbles simulating a 1×1 action from the perimeter, and with the main rule that every dribble takes me in a different direction.
Basic drill routine:
- Crossover, driving, pull back, facing up unblocking the wrist, driving (opposite side), pull back (opposite side), going by and driving with “skate step” + ending.
The first part of the drill
- 1 dribble – 2 steps.
- 1 dribble, 1 direction (every dribble takes me in a different plane &/or direction).
- Feet: tiptoe, activity, facing up, skate step & negative step.
- Hands: let the ball roll in the hands (control ball zones), strong dribble, “the ball goes out first”.
- Ending: shot.
The second part of the drill
- When the coach says “go”, breaking and driving to the rim (we get an advantage).
- Changing pace and directions.
- Use of the skate step and the negative step.
- Verticality “the ball goes out first”.
- Ending: attacking the rim with short step + long step (slow + fast).